[cvsnt] Re: .cvsignore problem

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sun Nov 20 11:29:41 GMT 2005

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:

> Thanks! Is the .cvsignore file format documented somewhere? Or is this the
> only thing I ever need to know about it? :)

It gets parsed in the same way as adding -I lines to the command line.

! on its own is treated differently to ! a the start of a filename - the
second one is known as a temporary reset in the code... I can't actually
find it documented anywhere though so I'd have to do some digging to
find out what the difference is.

Since it's a regular expression you might be able to add the file by
using that eg. [!]TODO