[cvsnt] Problems when trying to login to CVSNT

sgrujic at neobee.net sgrujic at neobee.net
Tue Nov 22 13:46:10 GMT 2005

All,
I apologize if I am sending this e-mail to the wrong group, or if I repeat
the question that has already been answered,
but I have been trying to find an answer without any success now for a
couple of days.

I have installed CVSforNT 2.0.58d on my Windows XP Pro computer. I did cvs
init command
to folder c:\cvs and shared it, both for reading and writing.
When I try to (locally) login to server, using pserver protocol, from WinCVS
I get the following error:

cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server localhost: Connection reset by peer

I have added line
            cvspserver  2401/tcp      #CVS pserver protocol
to services file in windows\system32\drivers\etc folder.
CVSROOT in WinCVS preferences is
:pserver:stanislav at localhost:/C:\cvs.

Can anyone help me solving this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Stanislav