[cvsnt] Re: SSPI problems after upgrading to 2.5.03.2151

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Nov 22 23:11:08 GMT 2005

Morten Jøhnk wrote:

> Another problem: A few of our users have logon-names with non-ascii
> characters in them (maybe not the worlds best idea, but people likes
> to have their names spelled correctly). This works with pserver but I
> have never been able to get SSPI to accept it. Any way to solve this?
> (Will enabling UTF-8 server do anything to the usernames?)

Probably a Windows issue...  SSPI should be translated to Unicode on the
wire, but it's possible Windows isn't doing that - which will fail if
the clients aren't using the same codepage as the server.

Nothing that CVSNT can do about that easily (possibly by using the
Unicode SSPI APIs but that would require other changes in the
authentication).