[cvsnt] WAS: merge error/feature when merging to branch and back

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Nov 25 15:54:41 GMT 2005

Funnily I was hit by the same "bug" yesterday when struggling with a module that compiled
but threw off exceptions when running.

After some time I decided to check the files and I found 3 that should not even be there!
Deleting them caused the compiler (Delphi) to pick them up from the correct place in the
component directory instead and the compilation created sane code again.

It turned out that some 16 months ago the module contained *copies* of the component files
and it was discovered then and the files were cvs removed.

But at the same time there was a branch active started before the removal and when this
branch was later merged to TRUNK the 3 files reappeared even though they had been removed!

So I am also wondering about how this is supposed to work.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund