[cvsnt] huge server update step

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Nov 25 20:24:58 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:

>>> Where does XML files come into this???
>>
>>On the server, CVS/fileattr.xml seems to contain a list of all the files in
>>a given module.
>>
> Now back home where I have a 2.5.03.2151 server and had a look. In
> most folders there is no CVS folders at all, but in some there is.
> It contains the fileattr.xml file, but it does not seem to contain any
> file info at all. Here is an example:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <fileattr>
>   <directory>
>     <acl>
>       <create />
>       <read />
>       <tag />
>       <write />
>     </acl>
>     <owner>bosse</owner>
>   </directory>
> </fileattr>
>
> So what does it really do?

I work with edit/unedit and read-only files in sandboxes, and a long time
ago switched on watch on the whole repository. That "watched" tag is
present for the files in my repository, and probably that's why they appear
in the fileattr/fileattr.xml files. It seems that any file that has
something special to notice gets listed in the file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fileattr>
  <directory>
    <acl>
      <create />
      <read />
      <tag />
      <write />
    </acl>
    <owner>gfiedler</owner>
  </directory>
  <file name="test.txt">
    <watched />
  </file>
</fileattr>

It's the name attribute of the file tag that was wrong after the first
creation of the fileattr.xml (that is, when the contents of the older
fileattr get converted into fileattr.xml). It seems to get handled
correctly for any other operations.

Gerhard