[cvsnt] Re: changing options from -kb to -kB

Andy Southby asouthby at removethis.drumgrange.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 08:35:41 GMT 2005

Gerhard,

How do you change them and can it be done the other way i.e. -kB to -Kb?

I had been using the -KB option for a couple of months with impressive size
reductions to my repository files, no noticable difference in speed and it
appeared reliable.

The only thing I would say is that if you are using the audit facility test
it on some files first. I had to stop using the -kB option when I started
using the audit facility as commits started timingout. They just hung for 30
secons then produced an abort message. Being relatively new to CVSNT I was
not able to investigate too deeply but concluded after a number of traces
and testing three fresh installs on three different systems that it was
problematic or one of the items of software on my system was interacting.
(It appeard to be something to do with activation of the audit dll.)

For more detailed information check my previous post, I think it was a
couple of months ago.

I have rechecked the latest stable release with the same results.

Hope this helps,
Andy.

news:djwkshhx5ypj$.1qgop956sx2p8.dlg at 40tude.net...