[cvsnt] mirror/synchronize cvs repositories (CVSNTUpd) ?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Nov 29 21:55:04 GMT 2005

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> the phone cost, I'm not sure why you are applying UK rates; I thought it
> was clear that we were /not/ talking about the UK. Here for example there
> is a flat rate available for dial-up Internet access in many areas;
> available in many more places than there is high-speed access available. So
> it's quite possible that they can have their server 24/7 online on a
> dial-up connection without excessive phone costs.

Actually flat rate dialup is quite rare (used to work in telecoms so I
used to be able to run comparisons of these kinds of things.. at one
point I could have given you the break even point for Brazil down to the
nearest second :) ) and where it exists there are often cutoffs eg.
maximum 60 minutes per call.  ADSL, Cable, etc. are normally flat rate
so the maths work out the same - above a certain usage (quite low
normally) you're better off with a broadband connection.

Brazil has one of the fastest broadband adoption rates in the world,
btw. so it's hardly a backwater...  it's behind the US and europe but
like every other country in the world realizes that internet
connectivity is essential in a global market.