[cvsnt] mirror/synchronize cvs repositories (CVSNTUpd) ?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Nov 30 00:02:18 GMT 2005

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> I'm not really sure where you are going with this. Did you read my last
> message? I wrote about a team in a place without broadband. Not a company
> not signing up for broadband because of bean counting, but a team living
> and working in a place without broadband access available. Believe it or
> not, this is reality, no matter what any telecom statistics say.

A team being paid to outsource development for you has the same
considerations as a company no matter what they call themselves.

You're talking about synchronising two cvs servers 24/7 between
development teams over dialup - what I'm saying is that it's doomed to
failure from the start, because dialup simply is not practical for that
kind of work.

Stick to one server hosted on a proper server (possibly in the US if you
don't have local hosting companies), and have the developers dialup when
they need to commit if they really are stuck on such slow links, so
you're not dragging down the entire development process to the speed of
the slowest developer.