[cvsnt] mirror/synchronize cvs repositories (CVSNTUpd) ?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Nov 30 14:06:05 GMT 2005

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> Gabriel Genellina wrote:
>

>>One of my team workers lives in a rural area, near a city. But not close
>>enough; he's out of range for an ADSL connection (signal is too weak);
>>the cable company won't go that far; so his only alternative is a
>>dial-up connection.

Different situation - you're talking about a single worker without
proper internet access... they would maybe have to dial up once a day to
commit their updates (they might have trouble keeping up to date with
their email traffic though, but that's a whole other issue).  In most
cases though people in that situation commute to the office where
there's plenty of bandwidth (teleworking is still comparatively rare).

> Exactly. Most of Brazilian territory falls in that category. And probably
> most of e.g. USA territory, too. (They have better satellite coverage,
> though, which may work well with off-site cvs servers.)

You simply wouldn't situate a server in such a place.. I could point to
lots of places in the UK where there's only dialup too - you can bet
there are no data centres there either.

Don't confuse where the workers live to where the business is situated.
   They're not the same thing.