[cvsnt] cvs [login aborted]: NOBODY\Nobody: no such user

Wallace Keith Gardner w.k.gardner at comcast.net
Mon Oct 3 00:27:07 BST 2005

Anyone know the reason for the error? Here is what I'm doing and the error I get.

--

Server version: 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2088
OS Version: Windows XP 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 2)

D:\sandbox>set cvsroot=:sserver:keith at NOBODY:\cvsrepo

D:\sandbox>cvs login
Logging in to :sserver:keith at nobody:2401:\cvsrepo
CVS Password:
Fatal error, aborting.
cvs [login aborted]: NOBODY\Nobody: no such user

--

I'm logged in as user "Nobody" on the machine named "NOBODY". My password file contains one line: "keith:password:Nobody". The server name is set to NOBODY and Run as user is set to NOBODY\Nobody. I tried it with SystemAuth in the config file set to no and yes. I'm having the same problem with ssh though I'm sure I didn't add the public keys right to sshd either.