[cvsnt] Re: cvs [login aborted]: NOBODY\Nobody: no such user

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Oct 3 02:09:42 BST 2005

Wallace Keith Gardner wrote:
> I changed the "-r" user to "postgres" for the "keith" account and
> same problem. I changed the "Run as user" field on the "Server
> Settings" tab on the control panel to "NOBODY/postgres", and i was
> finally able to successfully login.

Unless you have special requirements, leave it as 'client user', since
it's easier to handle that way.

> Not sure why this is...either because user "Nobody" is a Windows XP
> Home Edition account and because "postgres" was a Windows NT account
> or because I was logged into the machine as that user and tried to
> login to that account as that user or for some other reason.

It's possible 'nobody' doesn't really exist (could be a fiction created
by the XP Home frontend, which likes to treat everyone as 'Guest' when
it can), or possibly is not allowed network login right (unsurprising as
XP home doesn't actually support network logins...)