[cvsnt] Re: cvs [login aborted]: NOBODY\Nobody: no such user

Wallace Keith Gardner w.k.gardner at comcast.net
Mon Oct 3 02:56:01 BST 2005

I plan on having about 10 remote users to access the machine, which is why i don't want to set everyone up an account on the machine, especially since the XP HE accounts aren't network (winNT) accounts anyway. i'm leaning away from ssh because it requires everyone to create keys with putty and run pageant to login. i'm going to have everyone use tortoisecvs. sending passwords over ssl and having non-winnt accounts point to an  win-nt account seems ideal to me. running openssh with cygwin doesn't seem ideal to me either.

I was just using login to test the account. I also tested from creating a module with Tortoise.

I am unsure how to set up SSL over sserver. I assume require "encryption" should be set and the key files are selected from the control panel configuration. Don't know if the client needs something similiar. If it doesn't work with Tortoise, I'll probably go ahead and do it over ssh.