[cvsnt] Can we add custom attrib to cvs file?

Ashish Dasnurkar dashishlin at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 10:08:58 BST 2005

Hi All
I want to have some attribute such as name/value pairs attached to particular cvs file/revision. For Ex. I have CMyTest.java Rev 1.1.1.1 in cvs resp and i want to add "Object=MyObject" pair on this particular file. This is a kindof metadata which needs to be maintained on cvs server side.
Is there any way possible to achieve this?
If not what could be a workaround for this?
Can i do it using keyword substitution? [i.e. by having $Object as a keyword in the file]
Can we maintain same kind of metadata on branches???

Thans in advance. Any help in this regard is highly appritiated.
Ashish :D