[cvsnt] Problem with Taginfo script

Thu Oct 6 18:10:31 BST 2005

Hello,

after upgrading from 2.0.58d to:
$ cvs version
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build
2088 (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build
2088 (client/server)

... i cannot use my tag-checker script anymore. When I want to tag a
file, i get the following error message (after a while):

$ cvs tag tmp_testtag_20051006 readme.txt
cvs.exe [tag aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

This is my taginfo file:

ALL c:/Perl/bin/Perl.exe
D:/cvs/repositories/adit_sw/CVSROOT/tool_checktag.pl %t %o %p

and this is is tool_checktag.pl (normally it's bigger, but even this
simple script does not work):

#!c\Perl\bin\Perl.exe

print "This is the taginfo script\n";

exit 0;

I also tried to read from STDIN until EOF but this does not help.

Any hints, please? I need this feature to prevent that users move tags.

Thanks and best regards
 Tobias