[cvsnt] Re: Conrtol Panel will not open

Jakob Kruse kruse at kruse-net.dk
Fri Oct 7 09:10:13 BST 2005

Hello everyone.

Same problem here, on two different machines.

Have tried with 2.5.02.2064 and 2.5.02.2088. Control Panel will show one
time after install, where I setup the repositories. After that it will not
show again. CVSNT dir is first in path. Logging in as Administrator does not
help. Changing start dir on shortcut does not help. Clicking on .cpl file in
CVSNT dir does not help. On one machine the CVSNT icon has disappeared from
the Control Panel completely, although things like TweakUI still show it
(enabled) in the list. Event log shows nothing. All other Control Panel
applets run fine.

Problems occured on both machines immediately after installing CVSNT -
install, reboot, setup repositories, reboot, can't open cpl - so chances are
slim of other programs interfering?

Both machines are Windows XP Pro SP2, so Home edition is not the problem.

I am seriously considering downgrading to 2.0 again. I've had nothing but
problems with 2.5.

/Jakob

news:dhra8o$6nf$1 at paris.nodomain.org...