[cvsnt] CVSNT crashes when taginfo line matches (was: Problem with Taginfo script)

Fri Oct 7 09:40:05 BST 2005

Hi,

> Hello,
>
> after upgrading from 2.0.58d to:
> $ cvs version
> Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build
> 2088 (client/server)
> Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build
> 2088 (client/server)
>
> ... i cannot use my tag-checker script anymore. When I want to tag a
> file, i get the following error message (after a while):
>
> $ cvs tag tmp_testtag_20051006 readme.txt
> cvs.exe [tag aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
>
> This is my taginfo file:
>
> ALL c:/Perl/bin/Perl.exe
> D:/cvs/repositories/adit_sw/CVSROOT/tool_checktag.pl %t %o %p

After looking into the Server's eventlog, i noticed that the server
actually creashed:
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	CVSNT
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1
Date:		07.10.2005
Time:		10:32:46
User:		N/A
Computer:	HI2INF02
CVSNT crashed.  A crashdump has been written to
D:\cvs\temp\cvsnt-2.5.02.2088-HI2INF02-9584346328e736b-small.dmp.gz

This happens everytime I try to tag a file and the first argument in a
taginfo line (like "ALL") matches.

Even
ALL echo Taginfo
does not work.

Is there anyone out there who uses the taginfo file with an up to date
version of CVS? Even the line from the Manual (which is:
ALL /usr/local/cvsroot/CVSROOT/loggit
) does causes the crash. Of course it can't work because I use a
windows server which should not be able to handle the unix-style path.

This seems to becoming a showstopper for using this version, therefore
i would be happy about any help.

Best regards
 Tobias