[cvsnt] Re: Browsing CVSNT using extssh

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Oct 7 17:01:41 BST 2005

Mark Townsend wrote:
> I got a response from the eclipse.platform newgroup.  They said that
> Eclipse 2.x expects "E cvs server" not "E cvs.exe server" which the
> latest version of CVSNT put out.  That is why browsing isn't working.
>
> Is there any way to change this output without changing the code?  Some
> setting or something?

It's the name of the application.  It is not constant text and never has
been.

OTOH cvsnt on Windows strips the .exe, and won't return 'E cvs.exe
server' in any version I can find, until 2.6.x, when it changes 'to 'E
cvsnt server'.

This is exactly the same behaviour as cvs 1.11.x.. just rename or
symlink the binary to something else and the message changes.  Eclipse
shouldn't be assuming it won't change just because it hasn't yet.