[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt Digest, Vol 34, Issue 15

Thomas Keller thomasdkeller at web.de
Sat Oct 8 19:37:28 BST 2005

On Saturday 08 October 2005 13:04, cvsnt-request at cvsnt.org wrote:

> > I use this perl script to print out STDIN and ARGV passed to it:
> Using the identical perl script..
> D:\t\CVSROOT\test>cvs commit -fm "" test.txt
> Checking in test.txt;
> d:\repo/CVSROOT/test/test.txt,v  <--  test.txt
> new revision: 1.11; previous revision: 1.10
> done
> [...]
> Looks OK to me, unless you're expecting something I'm not aware of.

Hrm, thats very weird. And you tested this with the version of CVSNT I used?
2.5.01-1976?

> > script (which consists of commit_prep and log_accum) not working, which
>
> That needs a couple of changes IIRC.. I run it myself on the cvsnt.org
> server but can't remember what I did to it as it was a long time ago I
> last touched it.

I have patched my version as well a bit, though not much.  What I mainly did
was adding some type of "support" for repository labels. Would you mind and
send me over your version(s) of the script? If they work I'd be quite happy
with it as is.
Its still weird that the simple perl script put out different things (please
believe me that I haven't done anything than copy'n pase on the output =).
Would you recommend any later version of CVSNT? If so, are there any known
problems when upgrading 2.5.01 to a newer version?

Thanks for your support,
Thomas.
--
Registered Linux User #369861