[cvsnt] CVSNT across the internet

Jamie McIlroy jmcilroy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 18:09:45 BST 2005

I am running CVSNT 2.5.02 on a Windows XP Pro machine.  I would like to
expose a repository on this server to the Internet.  Users will be
connecting to this server via Eclipse.  I can connect local (Host =
localhost) but when I try connecting using the fully qualified name
(cvs.mydomainname.com), it returns a "Cannot connect to Host" error.

I can ping the machine using the fully qualified name and it responds.

Under 'Compatibility Options', All 'Non-CVS Clients' options are
selected (I saw this in another post - I believe for the Eclipse plugin).

Can anyone think of something I'm missing?

Cheers,
Jamie