Fw: [cvsnt] Re: CVSNT incompatibility with older servers

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Mon Oct 10 22:55:19 BST 2005

Ok, So I started looking into the spaces thing and I discovered that if i
try to add a folder with or without spaces, the cvs client just hangs. I
did this on 2099 and 2115. Whatever the problem is, I'd say it's not
totally fixed yet. I used a recent tortoise client and the cvsnt client on
linux with the same result in both. The only reliable solution we have at
this point is to leave loginfo blank.

Brian

             Bo Berglund
             <bo.berglund at teli
             a.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  cvsnt at cvsnt.org
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs                                          cc
             nt.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Fw: [cvsnt] Re: CVSNT
             10/10/2005 03:33          incompatibility with older servers
             PM

             Please respond to
             bo.berglund at telia
                   .com

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:15:24 -0400, bwhicks at aep.com wrote:

>space escape problem? Is that what our problem is?

I have no idea, but the problem was introduced right after build 1976
or thereabouts and is verified to be gone in build 2108.

It shows up as a failure to add tthe escapes for spaces in the command
line parameter to loginfo that lists the involved files for a commit:

Build 1861:
Parameter 5: ModuleYY/Test\\ With\\ \\ Spaces SpecialFile.txt,1.1,1.2

Build 1976:
Parameter 5: ModuleYY/Test\ With\ \ Spaces SpecialFile.txt,1.6,1.7

Build 2099:
Parameter 5: ModuleYY/Test With  Spaces SpecialFile.txt,1.2,1.3

Build 2108:
Parameter 5: ModuleYY/Test\ With\ \ Spaces SpecialFile.txt,1.8,1.9

Note that it is impossible to say which directory (module) and which
file was committed in 2099 because one cannot know which space is used
as separator between words in the module/file names and which is used
as separatoer between the module and first file specification.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)