Fw: [cvsnt] Re: CVSNT incompatibility with older servers

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Tue Oct 11 14:19:53 BST 2005

I finally just killed it with <ctrl>c. Thought I'd share the rest of the
debug info, even though it isn't much.

08:34:12:   -> run loginfo trigger
08:34:12:   -> run_trigger()
08:34:12:   -> Call pre-loaded 'default_trigger.la'
08:34:12:   -> default_trigger: parse_info(CVSROOT/loginfo,,%<< Update of
%r/%p\nIn directory %H:%P\n\nLog Message:\n%m,sandbox/testdir3)
08:34:12:   -> Regexp match: DEFAULT - sandbox/testdir3
08:34:12:   -> parse_info_line: Line=echo "variable values are %s %V %v"
%<< Update of %r/%p\nIn directory %H:%P\n\nLog Message:\n%m
cvs [add aborted]: received interrupt signal
09:16:10:   -> Unloading default_trigger.la

             bwhicks at aep.com
             Sent by:
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs                                          To
             nt.org                    Tony Hoyle
                                       <tony.hoyle at march-hare.com>
                                                                        cc
             10/11/2005 08:44          cvsnt at cvsnt.org
                                       Re: Fw: [cvsnt] Re: CVSNT
                                       incompatibility with older servers

The script says the following:

DEFAULT echo "variable values are %s %V %v"

This does the same thing:

ALL echo "variable values are %s %V %v"

If I remove these lines so that loginfo is blank, I can add directories
again. I installed 2115 from rpms on redhat9. the commitinfo script is now
and always has been blank.

I noticed that the directories actually do end up on the server and in the
repository. But the client hangs during the process. To a user, it looks
like the process fails.

I just did a "cvs -ttt add testdir3" command. Here's the last few lines
before it hangs up on me:

08:34:12:   -> run loginfo trigger
08:34:12:   -> run_trigger()
08:34:12:   -> Call pre-loaded 'default_trigger.la'
08:34:12:   -> default_trigger: parse_info(CVSROOT/loginfo,,%<< Update of
%r/%p\nIn directory %H:%P\n\nLog Message:\n%m,sandbox/testdir3)
08:34:12:   -> Regexp match: DEFAULT - sandbox/testdir3
08:34:12:   -> parse_info_line: Line=echo "variable values are %s %V %v"
%<< Update of %r/%p\nIn directory %H:%P\n\nLog Message:\n%m

And now it's 10 minutes later and I still don't have my command prompt
back. If it works for you, I'd like to know what makes your setup different
from ours, because ours is definitely broken.

Brian

             Tony Hoyle
             <tony.hoyle at march
             -hare.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  cvsnt at cvsnt.org
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs                                          cc
             nt.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Fw: [cvsnt] Re: CVSNT
             10/10/2005 09:38          incompatibility with older servers
             PM

bwhicks at aep.com wrote:
> Ok, So I started looking into the spaces thing and I discovered that if i
> try to add a folder with or without spaces, the cvs client just hangs. I
> did this on 2099 and 2115. Whatever the problem is, I'd say it's not
> totally fixed yet. I used a recent tortoise client and the cvsnt client
on
> linux with the same result in both. The only reliable solution we have at
> this point is to leave loginfo blank.

This definately works.. I did it yesterday...  plus I rely on loginfo
for commit tracking.

Check your script - maybe it's not handling the add directory case?
(which has to be special-cased within the script since it uses a
different command line).