[cvsnt] Re: Problems using client under Linux with SSPI proto col

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Oct 11 17:40:59 BST 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:04:59 -0400, "vega, james" <vega_james at emc.com>
wrote:

>> >   Logging in to :sspi:jvega at 10.15.51.100:2401:/qata
>
>If I don't use my username how is the server supposed to know who I am?

If you use the string :sspi:10.15.51.100:2401:/qata instead then the
cvs client will use your login authentication from when you logged on
to your PC and tell the server that you are jvega and tghat you are
authenticated.

In this scenario any cvs login is superfluous.

>> 2. Don't use cvs login with sspi.
>
>I have to login otherwise I can't get access.  The server is setup to
>authenticate against our NT logins.

See above, you are using the wrong connection string. Use the string
  :sspi:server:/repo
instead and all connections will be done automatically.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)