Fw: [cvsnt] Re: CVSNT incompatibility with older servers

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Wed Oct 12 18:10:34 BST 2005

I double checked that my loginfo script does not hang. I have a loginfo
file with a line that looks like this:

DEFAULT $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/fix_loginfo.sh %s %V %v $CVSROOT

and fix_loginfo.sh looks like this:

#!/bin/bash

(echo ""; id; echo $1 $2 $3; date) >> $4/CVSROOT/commitlog

this essentially does the same thing as the old configuration (the one
commented out in the default config that we used to use in 2.0.58d) and it
works on the command line without fail. It also works when doing most cvs
functions, logging to the commitlog and everything. It fails when I try to
do a "cvs add" command on a folder. If I replace the loginfo file contents
with something like:

DEFAULT echo "test"

I see the word "test" show up before a folder gets added.

My questions are, what happens to %s %V and %v when a folder is added? Why
is the loginfo script being called at all when folders aren't versioned?
and lastly, can anyone post what they are using for their loginfo script so
we can compare?

Thanks!

Brian

             "Bo Berglund"
             <Bo.Berglund at syst
             em3r.se>                                                   To
                                       <bwhicks at aep.com>, "Tony Hoyle"
             10/12/2005 10:12          <tony.hoyle at march-hare.com>
                                       <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
                                                                   Subject