Fw: [cvsnt] Re: CVSNT incompatibility with older servers

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Thu Oct 13 13:42:06 BST 2005

Tony and Bo,

Your information here is greatly appreciated. I am going to try to modify
my scripts to check for these cases and see what I come up with. I'll post
back the results...

Brian

             Tony Hoyle
             <tony.hoyle at march
             -hare.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  cvsnt at cvsnt.org
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs                                          cc
             nt.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Fw: [cvsnt] Re: CVSNT
             10/12/2005 05:13          incompatibility with older servers
             PM

Bo Berglund wrote:

> I did once (in 2003 according to the cvs annotations on the source
> lines that do the detection work) check up on exactly what CVSNT sends
> as the arguments with %{sVv} when a new folder is added, but I have
> forgotten what it does now. It definitely was a problem though because
> the argument list was different.

Directories don't have versions, so the Vv bit is a noop (normally ends
up with a couple of commas at the end IIRC).

The second argument is "- New Directory".