[cvsnt] Automated build using cvs updates

Brian Post bpost at 80-20.com
Tue Oct 18 05:23:59 BST 2005

Client & Server CVSNT 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2088 running on Windows XP
professional with the server on it's own XP pro.

I am having trouble setting up our build application to use CVSNT after
using SourceSafe. The problem is we prune our current source tree from the
build machine & get specific versions (using labels or tags). This is so we
are guarenteed to only have files that are part of that label/tag. I don't
remove the CVS folder from the SRCHOME

SRCHOME = C:\builder\src CVSROOT=:sspi:80-20\bpost at MelDmeCVSXP:2401/Doc95

Esentially for each folder which comes from a DB the following is used where
folder is relative to SRCHOME. Sometimes folder is also a specific file.

cd %CVSHOME% & cvs update -CdP -r "tag" folder > C:\builder\tmp\result.txt

The problem is the files are not appearing in the tree other than the files
in the root of the repository.

My questions follow,
    1.    Is there some environment variable to correct this or am I going
to need another tool to prune the source tree leaving only the CVS folders?
    2.    Is there some hidden command line option/s to force the stderr
message to be redirected to stdout? I tried -p but I get to see all the file
details in the redirected file.

Cheers, Brian