[cvsnt] Re: New Bugs - Upgrading from CVSNT 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1976 to CVSNT 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2115

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Oct 18 21:21:17 BST 2005

Jakob Kruse wrote:

> I tried the exact same thing earlier, when the server was 2.5.02. Same
> output except for the last line, being the "unknown error -1" thing.

You will occasionally get the -1 error... it's just the way the timing
works sometimes (about 1 in 20 for me if I run it in a loop).  Win32
isn't very good at handling one end of a socket closing early....

If your machine isn't in a domain then it could just be down to the
configuration of the network, or even whether there are active
connections already (network shares normally).  If you're using kerberos
(as seems likely) all machines should have a common clock source also.

In the last resort you can force NTLM but that's something that normally
wouldn't be needed (except for old servers pre-2.0.58, because they
don't handle Kerberos->NTLM fallback properly).