[cvsnt] Re: ACLs for groups?

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Tue Oct 18 21:27:41 BST 2005

I'm actually on the local machine, using :local:/usr/local/cvs as my
CVSROOT.

I see with "-ttt" that if I use my username specifically in the acl, i see
this line:

16:16:23:   -> matched ACL user=fred, branch=_default_, merge=

but if I try to depend on the groupname as per my previous email, I see
this instead (showing more data for emphasis):

16:20:09:   -> verify_valid_name(fakegroup)
16:20:09:   -> matched ACL user=, branch=_default_, merge=
16:20:09:   -> calculated ACL priority is 0
16:20:09:   -> user_state = 0, group_state = 0
16:20:09:   -> no match at this level

I see these messages multiple times in both cases. It looks like the group
simply doesn't get matched.

Brian

             Tony Hoyle
             <tony.hoyle at march
             -hare.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  cvsnt at cvsnt.org
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs                                          cc
             nt.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [cvsnt] Re: ACLs for groups?
             10/18/2005 04:10
             PM

bwhicks at aep.com wrote:

> So it looks like it worked. But if I log in as fred, cvs behaves as
though
> I'm not in the acl at all. What gives? It does the same if I say
> "noread,nowrite,notag,nocreate,nocontrol".

You can use cvs -ttt to show the ACL logic, and the group membership.

It may be that your username is actually DOMAIN\fred if you've logged in
over sspi.