[cvsnt] CVSROOT can only be checked out by owner

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre St.Pierre at adcam.de
Wed Oct 19 13:57:55 BST 2005

Hello everybody,

when I check out the CVSROOT directory of my repository using

    cvs -d :pserver:myself at MYSERVER:/MYREPOSITORY  checkout CVSROOT

cvs fails with the error message  "cvs server: User myself cannot read
CVSROOT"

All directories and files in the repository are owned by the user
'MYSERVER\Administrator' with full file permissions for everybody (this was
done in despair only!). However,

*) any of the other modules can be checked out without problems, only
checkout of CVSROOT fails

*) checking out CVSROOT succeeds when I use Administrator at MYREPOSITORY
instead of myself at MYREPOSITORY

I tried both cvs server options 'Run as user: (client user)'  and  'Run as
user: MYSERVER\Administrator', both show the same symptoms.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Matthias

--

CVS VERSION: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2115
(client/server)