[cvsnt] Re: group file question

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Oct 19 19:45:55 BST 2005

bwhicks at aep.com wrote:
> So what is the recommended way to administer this? It almost seems like in
> order to modify groups/passwords you have to have a shell account on the
> box, or at least be able to overwrite the old group/passwd files with sftp
> or ftp or some such tool. And unless you do that in conjunction with a cvs
> commit, you lose the versioning for it.

cvs passwd will let you maintain the password file (although it really
only affects pserver.. things like sspi use the system passwords).
group really needs shell access, or you can use system groups for that
purpose (which is what most people use..)

> Also, you mention that in recent versions that the restrictions are
> "relaxed". What exactly does that mean? I thought the version 2.5.02.2099
> that I'm using was relatively recent...

A month is a long time in cvsnt time..!

You can add group to checkout list now (and admin).