[cvsnt] Re: group file question

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Oct 19 20:57:11 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Does this mean that access to CVSROOT/modules and CVSROOT/modules2 is
> also restricted (on Windows 2000)???

Yes, by default.

CVSROOT has an ACL on it that stops people checking it out.  You can
weaken that for certain files if you like, but the default configuration
is locked up as tightly as possible.

> We have switched to using modules quite heavily and will probably go
> for modules2 once I can find a recent version of CVSNT that does not
> carry with it a caveat or two...

That'll be in the 2.6 era... the 2.5 modules code isn't being worked on
any more.

> BTW you did never answer my post on the modules2 handling I posted
> before. And the cvs.chm file even today (I rebuilt it an hour ago)
> does have a marker in it for modules2 to the effect that you need to
> expand on the descriptions...

It's a simple enough syntax, but has issues I think.. it's a bit like
rename - works for the uses I put it to but isn't really good enough for
production stable work yet.