[cvsnt] Re: Temporary directory problems: cvs [server aborted]: can't create temporary directory

Sean Aitken sean.aitken at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:35:36 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Glen Starrett wrote:
>
>> 2) Do a lsacl in your sandbox root, check what CVSNT things the
>> permissions are.
>

> It's not cvsnt acls... the temporary directory doesn't use them.
>
> It's all filesystem permissions - the service doesn't have permission to
> create the temporary directory, and without that it can't do anything.
>
> Tony

I think the problem reeeealy doesn't have anything to do with
permissions, to some degree.

It looks like changing the repository location was somewhat to blame.
The "CVS" configuration folders were in an inconsistent state. in other
words, some subfolders were still pointing to our old CVS server.

Things are working well now. (It really didn't make sense, but now it does)

Cheers!
-Sean