[cvsnt] Re: slow server

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Oct 21 12:49:58 BST 2005

Nicolas Courtiller wrote:
>     Hi Tonny and other,
>
> Since some weeks our server idle for 10-15 seconds on almost each command .
> I wonder if it could be a domain broblem. Below is a trace portion for a
> file log ("cvsnt -ttt log ReadMe.txt"). We can see that
> "add_valid_group(Soft-Info_Elec_Optique)" is called twice and take 15 s the
> first time !
>
> What mean "add_valid_group()" and why could it be so long ?

If it's pausing there it probably means that the connection to your PDC
is stalling and timing out, which points to a network configuration
problem (I'm guessing that Soft-Info_Elec_Optique exists in both the
domain and machine, so they're actually different tokens as far as
windows is concerned).

OTOH delays like that are usually DNS timeouts that happen at startup.