[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT 2.6 database engine?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Oct 21 20:26:03 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I just wonder how SQLite will perform. For once it is single-threaded
> as far as I know, so concurrent usage might be hard to achieve. At
> least this is what we see in our Roundup tracker. In that any user
> accessing the database will lock it for the others.

It depends on how you handle the locking.. only one process can write at
once, but multiple processes can read, so it's not really that much of
an issue for small installations (which is what it's aimed at
primarily).  A company is likely to have a 'proper' database installed
anyway so hopefully it'll all work out.

> Really simple to do with MSSQL :-)

Heck, it doesn't get simpler than sqlite...