[cvsnt] Auditing philosophy questions...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Oct 23 21:28:26 BST 2005

Now I have checked how auditing works on my test server.
2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2127

There is one strange observation that I have to ask about:
I have a modules2 defined module named MickeyMouse.
When I commit a file in this sandbox from MickeyMouse/John the effect
is that I get a record in the auditing database with the Directory
column set to ModuleZZ/TestFolder3, which of course is the physical
folder that was supposed to be hidden from external view...

Is this the intended behaviour? Of course the database is not supposed
to be viewed by the users so I guess it kinda makes sense.

But while I was doing this I also discovered that this commit
generated a CVSMailer email where the source was set to
ModuleZZ/TestFolder3 as well.
This is a bit off, but it probably needs some thinking to set right
(it might already be "right" of course).

The net effect though, is that the email unhides the real location on
the server that was supposed to be hidden by the modules2 usage.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)