[cvsnt] Re: Repository auditing database setup for MSSQL

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Oct 24 06:55:18 BST 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:32:07 +0400, Vinay Jhumun
<ljhumun at sil.intnet.mu> wrote:

>Hi,
>Can anyone help me plz,
>I hve installed CVSNT 2.5.02. 2088,
>there is also, MSSQL 2000 server installed on the same PC.
>
>n i want to enable the Audit Feature, can anyone help me how to achieve
>this plz,
>n wat tables n how to create them,
>
>plz provide me any links where i can get some more info,

This is extremely simple:
1. Create a new database called for example CVSNT
   (Or you can use an existing database for that matter and just add
   the new tables to that database). Also create a new login to this
   server called CVSNT and set its password. Let it have db_owner
   access to the auditing database.

2. Open the sql script named create_tables_mssql.sql in QueryAnalyzer
   and execute it against the database. Your tables will now be
   created. Or you can use the osql execution of the script.
   The script is delivered as part of the CVSNT installation, look
   in a subdirectory below the CVSNT install path.

3. In AdministrativeTools/DataSources(ODBC) create a new system
   data source named CVSNT for the database where the tables are
   created. Set the access method to SQL authentication.

4. In CVSNT control panel go to the Plugins tab and select the line
   "Repository Auditing Extension". Then click configure.

5. Enter the data (check Plugin enabled, set Type=ODBC, Name=CVSNT,
   Prefix=<blank>, Username=CVSNT, Passwsord=<password>)

6. Then determine what to audit in the Logging checkboxes

7. Done!

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)