[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Repository Migration from CVSNT 2.0.58d to 2.5.03 (Scorpio) 2132

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Oct 27 06:36:53 BST 2005

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:16:56 +0400, Vinay Jhumun
<ljhumun at sil.intnet.mu> wrote:

>Hi,
>I was using CVSNT 2.0.58d previously on a Windows 2003 server,
>and now i have tried the CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) 2132 on a windows XP box
>and want to upgrade the CVSNT 2.0.58d which is on the Windows 2003 server.
>
>Well, what are the mian factor that should be taken into consideration
>for the migration.
>a). Should I just uninstall the CVSNT 2.0.58d and Install the CVSNT
>2.5.03 or should i do some other things,

Yes, Uninstall previous version then install new version is fine.

>for example, should I re-initialise the Repositories, and copy paste the
>modules from the previous repositries to the new ones,  etc,

No, if you are on the same PC then all repositories will remain intact
and registered with the new server.
You might want to check in the Control Panel for some new options,
though.

>Can anyone plz give me a hint, or point me to some links,

Not needed

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)