[cvsnt] Re: Multiple CVSNT Instances

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Oct 31 23:49:19 GMT 2005

Trevor Leybourne wrote:

> I've talked to our IT department about continuous backups using RSYNC but
> they are not comfortable about that as they are worried that someone will be
> updating a file while it is backed up and the repository may get into a
> invalid state.

That pretty much can't happen as all the individual files are updated
atomically.

The worst that can happen is that you'll backup in the middle of a
commit and not get the entire commit - which is a minor issue compared
to the prospect of losing the entire repository (and the fact that if
you're recovering a backup it means something pretty bad has happened
already).