[cvsnt] Connecting to CVSNT Server via VPN

Worth Robbins wrobbins at macoun.com
Wed Sep 7 15:08:02 BST 2005

I have a CVSNT 2.5.02.2064 server implemented on Windows XP Pro sp2, static
IP address 192.168.0.5. I am connecting from a laptop on the same LAN, using
TortoiseCVS-1.8.18. I have no problem connecting using both sspi and
pserver.

When I disconnect the laptop from the LAN, and connect to the LAN via
Symantec Client VPN (I have a Symantec Gateway Security 360R box securing
the LAN), I cannot connect to CVS using either sspi or pserver. Other
connectivity works i.e. I can ping the server from the laptop by both the
name (PC325) and the IP address (192.168.0.5). I can access network shares
from the laptop.

Any idea what could be wrong?