[cvsnt] Connecting to CVSNT Server via VPN

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Sep 7 16:18:07 BST 2005

I have seen this myself when I connect to certain remote networks over
VPN. It is probably due to the way the network handles logins and
user authentication.
My advice to you is to change the connection string as follows:

If you are logged in as Charlie to the network and use the CVSROOT
  :sspi:cvsserver:/repo

Then change this to:
  :sspi:Charlie at cvsserver:/repo

You can do this easily using the ChangeCVSROOT macro if you use WinCvs.

After you have done this, open the VPN connection and in the sandbox
issue a cvs login command and enter the password for Charlie.
If the login was successful you are ready to go. This will work both
when you are on your local LAN and when you use VPN.

Done it myself several times.

/Bo