[cvsnt] Client Machine WinCVS + CVSNT

Ananda Rabi Dhar ananda_metain at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 09:27:50 BST 2005

Please help me in the following settings:

In client machine I need both CVSNT and WinCVS (assumed that I need the graphical front end). The CVSNT in client machine is running both CVS Server and LockServer. I have configured rightly for the server machine and tested pserver protocol for check-out and other cvs operations. I do have a feeling that the port 2401 where pserver is trying to connect is locked and the server is not responding for basic commands like login. I have logged out from server machine and trying for another user to login. I am getting error like server timed out...login aborted...
Please tell me specifically whether I need to install and start the CVSNT services on the client, or I just need to use WinCVS there.
I gain mention that I have successfully used pserver protocol for a virtual client on the server machine and been able to use CVS commands. Is there any particular setting change required for that in either server side or client side or both. I have gone through the tutorials and it has shown example of using client and server on a same machine.
I am using WinCVS 1.2.
Thanks!