[cvsnt] Upgrade server from CVSNT version 2.0.11

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Sep 9 10:32:42 BST 2005

The simplest way to upgrade is:

1) Make a backup of your repository (you already have a nightly backup, right?)

2) Uninstall the CVSNT 2.0.11 from Control Panel Add/Remove Programs

3) Install the latest version (2.5.02.2084) of the CVSNT server

4) Sometimes you need to restart the PC after this kind of installation.

5) Open the CVSNT Control panel applet and make the needed changes to your settings
   Note that the old settings for the repositories will in all likelyhood have been
   kept, but new settings of course have only default values. For example now you can
   separately set the name and location of a repository, this was not possible before.

6) If you use script file execution like loginfo, taginfo or notify then you have
   to check these so they comply to the new requirements. Basically the only thing
   you must fix is path delimiters. Backslashes are no longer allowed, you must change
   all of these to forward slashes.

Now you should be ready to go.

/Bo