[cvsnt] security for label, add, remove etc ? (in cvs/cvsnt)

Bernhard Merkle nospm-news at merkleonline.de
Thu Sep 15 09:04:35 BST 2005

Hi there,

is is possible to setup security for cvs commands so that only
certain users/groups can do such commands ?

I think most important would be to enable this for:
- label
- add/remove
- branch/merge
so that only certain users/groups with the right permission
can do such commands. Is it possible in cvs/cvsnt and if yes, how ?
(I could think about scripts/triggers/callbacks checking it,...)

usually commercial SCM systems (no names here ;-) have such permissions.

thanks for you help.
Bernhard.