[cvsnt] Re: How to get back the local modified file after update?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Sep 18 15:02:55 BST 2005

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 10:13:50 -0300, Gerhard Fiedler
<lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> Is there any way using cvs commands or diffing to recreate the file
>> contents before the update and merge?
>
>Isn't there always a backup file with the original content created by cvsnt
>(the .# type files)?

There are a few such files, but I don't know *when* they are created.
Normally there are no such files for ordinary updates. Maybe they get
created when there is a conflict?
I know that if you work on a binary file and do an update where a
newer revision of the binary file is fetched then the .# file is
created by renaming the sandbox file.

I there anyone that knows for sure when these files get created when
dealing with text files?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)