[cvsnt] Terminal server errors with machine name with/out DNS suffix

Jonathan Sprinkle sprinkle at EECS.Berkeley.Edu
Mon Sep 19 19:32:49 BST 2005

Hi All,

I have this problem: with my CVSNT repository on a terminal server, if I am
logged into that server (either through the console or a terminal) then when
I do a cvs update/checkout whatever, I must use:

:sspi:user at machine:/root

Off the machine (and it used to work until I upgraded CVSNT) I must use

:sspi:user at machine.dns.suffix:/root

Not surprisingly, the problem is slightly annoying. :) If I use

:sspi:user at machine.dns.suffix:/root

While logged in to machine.dns.suffix, I get an authentication error.

Has anyone else seen such a problem before? I have edited my hosts file to
make sure that the IP matches for machine and machine.dns.suffix, and ping,
etc., see no differences. The only other possibility could be a domain
configuration problem which is out of my control, or a local configuration
problem (which is unlikely, since this cropped up only after I upgraded to
v. 2.0.50)

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan Sprinkle