[cvsnt] Re: Can't install on AMD k6 2 processor

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Sep 20 11:08:24 BST 2005

Flávio Etrusco wrote:

> Don't be so exagerated, even my PcChips motherboard could handle 512MB
> perfectly ;-)

You could put that in, but the limited cache lines meant that the
machine would slow to a crawl once you hid the limit.. the problem was
well known, but nobody much cared as that was a lot of memory back then.

> For the HDs there was a 80GB barrier, AFAIR...

8.4GB BIOS limitation... It got worked around in Win95 OSR2 but it's
still not uncommon today for machines to ship with 2GB boot partitions.

> Is the check performed by MSI or the CVSNT executable itself?
> Is it worth to try the InnoSetup installer? Try an older version? Or
> the only option would be recompile CVSNT?

It might work but isn't supported due to processor issues being reported
in the past... no testing is done on such old machines.