[cvsnt] MSI/InnoSetup installer does not work

Zsolt Branyiczky zbranyiczky at mailbox.hu
Tue Sep 20 13:13:17 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I pack only what Tony puts on his website. All binaries come from
> the "binaries without installer" download.
> The common Microsoft files are included in the Innosetup installer.
>
> I have no way to compile the CVSNT system myself.
>
> Bo

The common release files are included but obviously not the debug ones.
Nevertheless it's very strange. After my poor attempt with the
InnoSetup, I've taken a chance on the MSI version. Now I got a totally
different problem, the 2 services are cannot be started (but the install
finishes without complaining about missing MSVCR71D.dll file). It's said
perhaps I don't have enough right to start system services, but I have
admin rights, and in the service manager I can start/stop any services
except the cvs ones. What is going on here? I'll try an earlier version out.

Brazso