[cvsnt] Re: cvs server: warning: new-born newfile.txt has disappeared

Daniel Lapolla ldlapolla at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 14:15:47 BST 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:28:33 -0300, Daniel Lapolla
> <ldlapolla at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>The ability to work with "mixed" working copies WAS one of the good
>>features of cvsnt... It seems it's gone now and will not come back...
>>

> During testing of the development builds the last half year or so I
> noticed at one time that my sandbox that contains files checked out
> with sticky tags and on several branches (in the same sandbox folder)
> were losing the tagged revisions and updated to the folder tag
> instead. There were a couple of builds like that but it was fixed
> after I discussed it with Tony. You might be running one of the builds
> that does this...

Yes, I had that sort of problem too. I posted a message on that subject
a few days after you posted yours...

But I'm using 2.5.01.1976.

> Right now I have a test sandbox where:
> - The sandbox itself is updated to Branch_001
> - A few files are on Branch_002
> - Some files are on HEAD
> - Some files are on various sticky tags
>
> This all updates just fine, all revisions stay in place.
>
> I am using 2.5.02.2091 on this test server.

I can do that in my working copy too. The problem lies with files that
were added directly into the branch and does not exist in trunk.

Can you describe the procedure you followed to build the Working Copy
you mentioned? (I used to merge branch_1 to the sandbox, update modified
files to branch_1, then merge branch_2 to sandbox, update modified files
to branch_2 and so on... But this does not work for files that exist
only in the branch)

Regards

Daniel