[cvsnt] problem committing edited file with watch on

Greg Norris gnorris at challenger.com.au
Thu Sep 22 02:47:48 BST 2005

Hi all. Hope someone can help.
I updated to cvsnt 2.0.51d, using WinCVS 2.0.2.4 gui.

I am not sure if this is a GUI or cvsnt issue.

Since the update I created a new repository (module in an existing
repository) for a project here at work.
It looks ok except when I tried to commit a change it said that it
failed up-to-date check.
so I did a get clean copy and then re-try the commit with the same
results.

On another file in same module - when I commit it is then made read
only.
I tried the edit command

cvs -z9 edit -- dbo.fn_TitleFromColumn.UDF

but the file is still read only. I am using WinXP SP2.

Any ideas?

Greg Norris

Software Engineer(DBA)

Information Technology

Challenger Group Services

Level 1, 27 Elizabeth St

Hobart    Tasmania

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended for the named recipient only. The information contained in this message may be confidential, legally privileged, or commercially sensitive. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not reproduce or distribute any part of the email, disclose its contents to any other party, or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from your computer.