[cvsnt] Wanted: Help moving respository and sandbox to new machine

Siegfried Heintze siegfried at heintze.com
Mon Sep 26 19:24:59 BST 2005

I have a directory called "busines". This was not a typo: I think I
misspelled it to accommodate DOS's short file names many years ago.

The repository on the old machine was C:\CVSBusiness and I copied it to the
same device and directory on the new machine.

I ran the CVSNT Control Panel and specified C:\CVSBusiness to be a
repository on the new machine. No errors. Good.

I now move the sandbox to the new server.

I look at the CVS\Root and I see this:
:pserver:siegfried at 127.0.0.1:/business

This looks right. It works on the old server when I add a blank (space
character) and perform a commit.

When I try on the new server, however, I get errors:

$ c:
$ cd /busines
$ cvs -d :pserver:siegfried at 127.0.0.1:/CVSBusiness login

I initially skipped the above login step and received the error below.
Logging in did not help.

$ cvs -d :pserver:siegfried at 127.0.0.1:/CVSBusiness commit log006.xml
Checking in log006.xml;
/CVSBusiness/busines/log006.xml,v  <--  log006.xml
cvs server: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\cvs12.tmp: No such file or directory
cvs [server aborted]: error diffing log006.xml
cvs.exe commit: saving log message in
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\cvs14.t
mp

Can someone tell me what is wrong?

I think I know! When I change CVS\root to contain "Administrator" instead of
"siegfried" it works. Good. Why is this? What do I have to do? To keep the
account name "siegfried"?

Thanks again
Siegfried