[cvsnt] Problems with ACL

Gennady G. Marchenko gennady.marchenko at iss.ru
Thu Sep 29 07:41:58 BST 2005

> deny read access to a
single file in a directory, which ACLs are not designed to do (it would
break the checkout completely

But it would not break update?? Why update operation on ACL permission goes fine?

If I setup deny permission on filesystem -> result - checkout receive all files without denied, but error code receive (some operation failed). And now we use this with MANY unix group for deny read access. ACL resolve this problem magicly. But it's don't work.

Gennady